Keeping you safe - Your new patient journey
Your health and wellbeing is our first priority. We have always worked hard to ensure that our surgeries are immaculately cleaned and that we follow stringent infection control protocols in practice. Due to Covid-19, we have put extra measures in place in the practice.
You also need to help us keep you, our other patients and our staff safe by informing us if you develop any symptoms of Covid-19, have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 or have been asked to self-isolate, you should not be entering the practice if any of these apply to you. We can still help you with dental issues during your self-isolation period without you visiting the practice, you will need to call our reception team on 01625 422502 for assistance.
Here is some useful information if you are visiting the practice during this time.
Before your appointment
- We are only able to see patients by appointment, so you will need to book in advance by calling our reception team on 01625 422502
- We will give you all key information ahead of your appointment
- Any forms that you need to complete such as Medical history forms will be sent to you via our patient portal and you will be asked to complete any forms sent to you before attending the practice
On the day
- Ensure you are well hydrated and have brushed your teeth before leaving home
- Make sure you have your facemask/covering with you as you will be asked to wear this while moving around the practice as our staff will continue to wear face masks around the practice too
- Our bathroom facilities are not available during this time so please take this into consideration before attending your appointment
- If you can, please try to come to your appointment alone and limit the possessions you bring with you
- Please check in at reception when you attend your appointment and it is your choice if you wait in our waiting room until called for your appointment or outside the practice, please inform reception of your choice.
- All treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected between patients following the latest guidance issued regarding infection prevention
- You will be asked to leave your coat and bag in the area provided
- Our team will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE)
If a patient needs to attend the practice with a parent, chaperone or carer
We politely ask that a chaperone attend with a patient, only if absolutely necessary. We do appreciate that some patients may require a chaperone (for example a child attending with their parent or carer, or an individual with a physical or leaning disability). As far as possible, a chaperone should be from the same household as the patient. Please note, chaperones will need to follow the same protocols as patients attending the practice.
FREE PPE to all patients
Please note that some dental practices may charge patients an additional fee to cover the cost of PPE. We have decided not to charge our loyal returning patients or new patients joining us.